49 min read
(Effective January 14, 2020)
1. INTRODUCTION AND ACCEPTANCE
2. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
3. ACCOUNT REGISTRATION & PROMOTIONAL MESSAGES
(A) IN ORDER TO ACCESS OR USE SOME FEATURES OF OUR SERVICES, YOU MAY HAVE TO BECOME A REGISTERED USER. (B) If you become a registered user, you will provide true, accurate and complete registration information and, if such information changes, you will promptly update the relevant registration information. During registration, you will create or we will provide a user name and password to create an “Account.” You are solely responsible for safeguarding and maintaining the confidentiality of your Account. You may not share your Account access details or authorize others to use your Account. You are responsible for all Services ordered or other activity under your Account. You agree to contact us immediately, via firstname.lastname@example.org, if you become aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your Account. We have the right to disable any Account, at any time in our sole discretion for any or no reason.
4. ACCESS AND USE
(A) In all instances, our Services are not being sold to you; rather, you are being granted a limited and revocable license to use our Services.
(B) Our Services generally require that you have internet or data network access. You are responsible for obtaining all such access, along with the computers, mobile devices and other equipment necessary and any software necessary to use the Services. For instance, for our Applications, you will need a mobile device that is compatible with our Application and wireless data access – data and messaging rates from your mobile carrier may apply to such uses. We do not guarantee that the Services, or any portion, will or will continue to function on or interoperate with any particular equipment, device, or software.
(D) In certain instances, we may provide you access to our Services for business purposes, such as entering or accessing information in connection with a license your employer has obtained from CRäKN to use our Services (“Business Use”). In these instances, you agree to: (i) use our Services solely for the Business Use; (ii) to keep strictly confidential all User Content (including any user’s Account information), Service Content, the Applications, and other CRäKN user/customer information accessed through the use of the Services, as well as any technical, financial, strategic and other proprietary and confidential information relating to our business or operations that you may access or that we may directly or indirectly provide (“Confidential Information”); (iii) not share any Confidential Information with anyone except to those employed by your employer, but only where the sharing of the Confidential Information is necessary to further the Business Purpose and only after those persons have been informed of these obligations of confidentiality and have agreed to be bound or are already bound by obligations of confidentiality at least as restrictive as those contained herein ; and (iv) not share your Account access information with any other user, including other employees of your employer.
(G) You understand and agree that your use of the Services and/or Service Content while operating a motor vehicle (or during any other activity that requires your attention) may be distracting, dangerous, or prohibited by law. You are solely responsible for your exercising good judgment, acting in a safe and responsible manner, and obeying all laws and regulations at all times. You understand that failing to pay full attention in the operation of a vehicle or in other activities may cause an accident, damage, injury, death, or other serious consequences. You assume sole responsibility for your use of the Services and Service Content.
5. USER CONTENT
(A) We may now or in the future permit users to post, upload, transmit through, or otherwise make available through our Services (collectively, “submit”) messages, text, illustrations, data, files, images, graphics, photos, comments, sounds, music, videos, information, content, and/or other materials (“User Content”). Subject to the rights and license you grant herein, you retain all right, title and interest in your User Content. We do not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to User Content even if it is not published through our Services. It is solely your responsibility to monitor and protect any intellectual property rights that you may have in your User Content, and we do not accept any responsibility for the same.
(B) You shall not submit any User Content protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, or other intellectual property or proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the respective right. You are solely liable for any damage resulting from your failure to obtain such permission or from any other harm resulting from User Content that you submit.
(C) You represent, warrant, and covenant that you will not submit any User Content that:
(i) violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, including, but not limited to, a person’s right of publicity, privacy, or other similar right or any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, or other intellectual property or proprietary right of any person or entity; (ii) impersonates another or is unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane, pornographic, or otherwise objectionable, or otherwise violates any applicable law; (iii) encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law; (iv) is an advertisement for goods or services or a solicitation of funds; (v) contains a formula, instruction, or advice that could cause harm or injury; or (vi) is a chain letter of any kind.
Moreover, any conduct by a user that in our sole discretion restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying our Services will not be permitted.
(F) Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we reserve the right to display advertisements in connection with your User Content and to use your User Content for advertising, marketing, promotional, and other commercial purposes. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree that your User Content may be included on the websites and advertising networks of our distribution partners, marketing partners, accounts, and third-party service providers (including their downstream users).
(G) We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor User Content. We have the right in our sole discretion and for any or no reason to edit, refuse to post, remove, or disable access to any User Content.
6. SERVICE CONTENT & THIRD PARTY LINKS
(A) You may not rely on any information and opinions expressed through any of our Services for any other purpose. In all instances, it is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or usefulness of any Service Content. Use of the Service Content is at your own risk and under no circumstances will we be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on any Service Content.
(B) In many instances, Service Content will include content posted by a third-party or will represent the opinions and judgments of a third-party. We do not endorse, warrant and are not responsible for the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement offered through our Services by anyone other than our authorized employees or spokespersons while acting in their official capacities.
(C) Our Services may link or contain links to other websites maintained by third parties. We do not operate or control, in any respect, or necessarily endorse the content found on these third-party websites. You assume sole responsibility for your use of third-party links. We are not responsible for any content posted on third-party websites or liable to you for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of your dealings with any third-party or their website.
8. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
(A) YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF OUR SERVICES AND THE SERVICE CONTENT IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. OUR SERVICES AND SERVICE CONTENT (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE CRÄKN PARTIES DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES INCLUDING ANY: (1) WARRANTIES THAT OUR SERVICES OR SERVICE CONTENT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (2) WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, SECURITY, USEFULNESS, TIMELINESS, OR INFORMATIONAL CONTENT OF OUR SERVICES OR SERVICE CONTENT; (3) WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (4) WARRANTIES FOR SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED OR ACCESSED THROUGH OUR SERVICES OR REFERENCED IN OUR SERVICE CONTENT; (5) WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF OUR SERVICES OR SERVICE CONTENT; (6) WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES WILL BE SECURE OR UNINTERRUPTED; AND (7) WARRANTIES THAT ERRORS IN OUR SERVICES OR SERVICE CONTENT (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) WILL BE CORRECTED.
9. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
(C) In some jurisdictions limitations of liability are not permitted. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing limitations may not apply to you. These limitations shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law.
(A) We reserve the right in our sole discretion and at any time to terminate or suspend your Account and/or block your use of our Services for any or no reason You agree that CRäKN is not liable to you or any third party for any termination or suspension of your Account or for blocking your use of our Services.
11. COPYRIGHT POLICY
(A) We respect the intellectual property rights of others and expect users to do the same. In appropriate circumstances and at our sole discretion, we may terminate and/or disable the Account of users suspected to be infringing the copyrights (or other intellectual property rights) of others. Additionally, in appropriate circumstances and in our sole discretion, we may remove or disable access to material on any of our websites or hosted on our systems that may be infringing or the subject of infringing activity.
(B) In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, Title 17 of the United States Code, Section 512 (“DMCA”), we will respond promptly to claims of copyright infringement that are reported to the agent that we have designated to receive notifications of claims infringement (its “Designated Agent”). Our Designated Agent is:
1776 Mentor Ave.
Cincinnati, Ohio 45212
(C) If you are a copyright owner (or authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner) and believe that your work’s copyright has been infringed, please report your notice of infringement to us by providing our Designated Agent with a written notification of claimed infringement that includes substantially the following:
(i) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. (ii) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site. (iii) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material. (iv) Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted. (v) A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law. (vi) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
We will investigate notices of copyright infringement and take appropriate actions under the DMCA. Inquiries that do not follow this procedure may not receive a response.
12. CHOICE OF LAW; JURISDICTION AND VENUE
13. DISPUTE RESOLUTION; MANDATORY ARBITRATION; CLASS ACTION WAIVER; WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL
(B) For any Dispute, the place of arbitration shall be in Hamilton County, Ohio.
(C) The cost of the arbitration proceeding, including, without limitation, each party’s attorneys’ fees and costs, shall be borne by the unsuccessful party or, at the discretion of the arbitrators, may be prorated between the parties in such proportion as the arbitrators determine to be equitable and shall be awarded as part of the award.
(D) RESTRICTIONS ON ARBITRATION: ALL DISPUTES, REGARDLESS OF THE DATE OF ACCRUAL OF SUCH DISPUTE, SHALL BE ARBITRATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS. ANY DISPUTES YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST CRäKN, ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, LICENSORS, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS YOU HEREBY AGREE TO BIFURCATE AND ARBITRATE AGAINST THEM INDIVIDUALLY IN HAMILTON COUNTY, OHIO. YOU ARE WAIVING YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT, AND TO CERTAIN DISCOVERY AND OTHER PROCEDURES THAT ARE AVAILABLE IN A LAWSUIT. YOU AND CRäKN AGREE THAT THE ARBITRATORS HAVE NO AUTHORITY TO ORDER CONSOLIDATION OR CLASS ARBITRATION OR TO CONDUCT CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION PROCEEDINGS, AND ARE ONLY AUTHORIZED TO RESOLVE THE INDIVIDUAL DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND I CRäKN, ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, LICENSORS, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS. FURTHER, YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO CONSOLIDATION OR JOINDER OF INDIVIDUAL DISPUTES OR ARBITRATIONS, TO HAVE ANY DISPUTE ARBITRATED ON A CLASS ACTION BASIS, OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY OR AS A MEMBER OF ANY CLASS PERTAINING TO ANY CLAIM SUBJECT TO ARBITRATION.
(E) THE VALIDITY, EFFECT, AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THE FOREGOING WAIVER OF CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AND CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION, IF CHALLENGED, ARE TO BE DETERMINED SOLELY AND EXCLUSIVELY BY THE STATE COURTS LOCATED IN HAMILTON COUNTY, OHIO OR THE FEDERAL DISTRICT COURT LOCATED IN THE SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF OHIO IN CINCINNATI, OHIO.
AMENDMENT; ADDITIONAL TERMS
(Effective January 14, 2020)
A. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We typically collect two kinds of information about you when you use our Services: (a) information that you provide that personally identifies you; and (b) information that does not personally identify you, but that we automatically collect or that you provide us.
(1) Personally Identifiable Information: Our definition of personally identifiable information includes any information that may be used to specifically identify or contact you, such as your name, mail address, phone number, etc. As a general policy, we do not automatically collect your personally identifiable information when you visit our Website. In certain circumstances, we may request, allow or otherwise provide you an opportunity to submit your personally identifiable information in connection with a feature, program, promotion or some other aspect of our Services. For instance, you may: (a) provide your name, mail/shipping address, email address, credit card number and phone number when registering; (b) provide certain demographic information about you (e.g., age, gender, purchase preference, usage frequency, etc.) when using our Services or participating in a survey or poll; or (c) post a general comment and/or recommendation on our Website or through our Applications. Whether or not you provide this information is your choice; however, in many instances this type of information is required to participate in the particular activity, realize a benefit we may offer, or gain access to certain content or features available through our Services.
Location Information: When you use our Services, particularly our Application(s), we may automatically collect certain Equipment (mobile device) specific information. This includes the general or specific location of your Equipment through GPS, Bluetooth or WiFi signals. Before we collect or send location-specific information, it is our practice to ask for your consent. In some instances, your operating system may not allow you to install an Application without giving us consent. In all instances, you may withdraw your consent by disabling location features for your Equipment – the Application will still work though certain location features (e.g., Store Locator) may not function.
B. HOW WE USE & SHARE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
(1) Personally Identifiable Information: The personally identifiable information you submit to us is generally used to carry out your requests, respond to your inquiries, better serve you, or in other ways naturally associated with the circumstances in which you provided the information. We may also use this information to later contact you for a variety of reasons, such as customer service or, should you affirmatively consent to receive such promotional information, providing you promotional information for our products or those of our parent company, subsidiaries or other affiliated companies (“affiliated companies”), or to communicate with you about content or other information you have posted or shared with us via our Services. You may opt-out from receiving future promotional information from us or our affiliated companies, or direct that we not share your information with any affiliated companies, as set forth below.
(2) Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We use non-personally identifiable information in a variety of ways. For example, we may use non-personally identifiable information to evaluate use of and improve our Services (e.g., visits to our Website, use of our Applications, etc.), track purchases, gauge coupon redemption rates, understand customer needs and trends, carry out targeted promotional activities, and to improve our Services. We may use your non-personally identifiable information by itself or aggregate it with information we have obtained from other customers or other sources. We may, among other things, share your non-personally identifiable information with our affiliated companies, allow third parties to collect such information directly from you, and/or sell the non-personally identifiable information to third parties to achieve these and any other business objectives (e.g., generate revenue, form alliances, etc.). However, it is important to remember that your non-personally identifiable information (whether standing alone or combined with other non-personally identifiable information) is anonymous information that does not personally identify you.
The Services that require the submission of personally identifiable information are not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are less than 18 years old, please do not send any user information to us–including information such as your name, address, or e-mail address. In the event that we learn we have collected any personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 18, we will delete that information from our database and terminate the corresponding Account, if any.
D. COOKIES AND PREFERENCE-BASED ADVERTISING
(1) Cookies and Web Beacons: We automatically receive and store certain types of non-personally identifiable information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies,” “web beacons” (also called “clear gifs” or “pixel tags”) and embedded scripts to obtain certain types of information when you use or access our Services. “Cookies” are small files that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive or your web browser memory to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide convenience and other features to you. “Web beacons” are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and may be used to track the online movements of users, when an email has been opened, and to provide other information.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze in this manner include the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your Equipment to the Internet; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; your activities our Website, including the products you view or searched for, as well as the URL you come from and go to next (whether this URL is on our Website or not); and cookie number. It is important to note that the cookies and Web beacons that we use do not contain and are not tied to personally identifiable information about you.
A couple of important notes about this opt-out tool: (1) it includes all the advertising networks that we may work with, but also many that we do not work with; and (2) it may rely on cookies to ensure that a given advertising network does not collect information about you (“Opt-out Cookies”) – an explanation of how Opt-out Cookies work can be found on www.aboutads.info. Therefore, if you use different Equipment, change web browsers or delete these Opt-out Cookies from your computer, you will need to perform the opt-out task again. (3) Do Not Track Features: Certain browsers may offer you the option of providing notice to websites that you do not wish for your online activities to be tracked for preference based advertising purposes (“DNT Notice”). Some browsers are, by default, set to provide a DNT Notice, whether or not that reflects your preference. Providing DNT Notice is often touted as a means to ensure that cookies, web beacons and similar technology are not used for preference based advertising purposes – that is, to restrict the collection of non-personally identifiable information about your online activities for advertising purposes. Unfortunately, given how preference based advertising works, DNT Notices may not effectively accomplish this goal. For this and a variety of other reasons, with respect to our Website, we do not take any action based on browser based DNT Notices. Rather, if you do not wish to participate in preference based advertising activities, you should follow the simple opt-out process identified above.
E. OTHER USES & INFORMATION
(2) Social Networks: We may offer you the ability to create or login to your account with us through accounts you may have with various social network platforms, such as Facebook or Twitter (each, a “Social Network Account”). To do so, you may be required to provide, or allow our Services to access, your Social Network Account login information. By granting us access to your Social Network Account, you understand and agree that we may access, make available and store any content that you have provided to and stored in your Social Network Account (e.g., friends, mutual friends, contacts, etc.). We may make this information available on or through our Services and to our users. You may be able to restrict what information is shared and how it is used through privacy and other settings. Also, depending on the privacy settings you have set in your Social Network Account, personally identifiable information may be shared with us and made available through our Services and to our users.
(3) Email Communications: If you send us an email with questions or comments, we may use your personally identifiable information to respond to your questions or comments, and we may save your questions or comments for future reference. For security reasons, we do not recommend that you send non-public personal information, such as passwords, social security numbers, or bank account information, to us by email. We may send you emails for a variety of reasons –e.g., emails in response to your request for a particular service or your registration for a feature that involves email communications, emails that relate to purchases you have made with us (e.g., product updates, customer support, etc.), informational emails about our other products, services, or events should you consent to receiving such informational emails, or when you consent to being contacted by email for a particular purpose. In certain instances, we may provide you with the option to set your preferences for receiving email communications from us; that is, agree to some communications but not others. You may “opt out” of receiving future commercial emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe,” “opt-out” or similar link included at the bottom of most emails we send, or as provided below; however, we reserve the right to send you transactional emails such as customer service communications.
(4) Transfer of Assets: As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires us or all (or substantially all) of our assets, the personally identifiable information and non-personal information we have about you will be transferred to and used by this acquiring entity, though we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your preferences are followed. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties.
(6) Your California Privacy Rights: Residents of the State of California, under certain provisions of the California Civil Code, have the right to request from companies conducting business in California a list of all third parties to which the company has disclosed certain personally identifiable information as defined under California law during the preceding year for third party direct marketing purposes. You are limited to one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. You may request the information in writing as provided in Section I below.
F. PUBLIC FORUMS
G. KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
We have implemented security measures we consider reasonable and appropriate to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Please be advised, however, that while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online or through our Services, and are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personally identifiable information. In the unfortunate event that your “personally identifiable information” (as the term or similar terms are defined by any applicable law requiring notice upon a security breach) is compromised, we may notify you by e-mail (at our sole and absolute discretion) to the last e-mail address you have provided us in the most expedient time reasonable under the circumstances; provided, however, delays in notification may occur while we take necessary measures to determine the scope of the breach and restore reasonable integrity to the system as well as for the legitimate needs of law enforcement if notification would impede a criminal investigation.
H. OTHER SITES/LINKS
Our Services may link to or contain links to third party websites that we do not control or maintain, such as in connection with purchasing products we may recommend or reference via our Services and/or advertisements you may see while using our Services. We are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by any third party website. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of all third party websites before submitting any personally identifiable information through these websites.
I. CONTACT & OPT-OUT INFORMATION
1776 Mentor Ave.
Cincinnati, Ohio 45212
We will respond to your request and, if applicable and appropriate, make the requested change in our active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may not be able to fulfill certain requests while allowing you access to certain benefits and features of our Website.
J. SOLE STATEMENT
We help funeral professionals save time, prevent duplicate work & reduce errors. Focus on the family, let us focus on helping you. Request a demo today!